You are growing like a weed! Already 3 months old, and you are wearing some 6 month outfits. You have 1 full tooth in, and another on the way. You're going to have your front 2 bottom teeth first. You haven't been too fussy about it, in fact, I didn't realize you were teething until I saw inside of your mouth. Though, it did explain why you've been wanting to chew on a bottle or pacifier when you go to sleep. You've never really wanted a pacifier before. You're also laughing and talking more. You're keeping us entertained with the way you babble at us. Right now, you're laying in the floor under your gym smiling at a toy and talking to it, almost as if it's talking back. There's a new push
about teaching your children the same lessons you would if they were of
the opposite sex. I think I've done a pretty good job of that, but I
thought for a long time about what I would say differently to you if you
were a woman. Some of those things really are specific to sex, like how
to dry your hair the fastest or how awesome it is to shave your legs
and sleep in a freshly made bed. However, I did come up with a couple
that I might have seen more as "girl" lessons. Which brings me to lesson 4...
As you get older, you're going to be doing
things and going places on your own. Always be mindful of your
surroundings. I hope that I get you enrolled into a karate class, I
think it would be an excellent way for you to learn how to defend
yourself. Your dad thinks I'm paranoid, but there are bad people in the
world, and you need to avoid them. Whenever you can, park in a well lit
area, always carry your keys with them sticking out between your
knuckles. That way, you can have some extra damage if you have to hit an
attacker. Always lock your doors and watch around you when you are in a
parking lot. Make sure your home is secured, especially at night.
Always let someone know when/where you're going on trips. I know I sound
like a worrier in this lesson, and as I've said, I am. However, I don't
think you can ever go wrong making sure you're able to avoid or protect
yourself in dangerous situations.
No comments:
Post a Comment