Friday, January 31, 2014

Lesson 10

We just finished the holidays. I think your first Christmas was awesome, if I do say so myself. You stayed interested in opening packages, you LOVED your red car toy, and you were even able to eat some solid table food. Now, I'm thinking about your first birthday party. We'll have it here, and I'll probably find some place to cater food. You're getting bigger everyday, stronger, and louder too. In fact, there's not much we can do to keep you from squealing every morning at 8, which wakes up Dad. Dad had a pacemaker put in last week, you're so young, I doubt you even noticed anything different. Though, there is already a difference in how Dad can play with you. He can't lift you yet, but he already has more energy and is more excited to see you than I've seen in a long time. Which brings me to lesson 10...

Someday, there might be something you'll have to have "fixed" about your body. It could be a pacemaker like Dad, or it could be something as simple as a diet change. Don't ignore the problem or wait it out. The doctors told your grandparents that Dad wouldn't need a pacemaker until he was much older and only if he fainted. Your Dad has never fainted, but has spent the last dozen years being tired all the time and not knowing exactly why. His quality of life has already increased past anything he had as a child. Make sure you take care of these issues because it could mean the difference between staying inside all the time because you're too tired to go out or having the energy and ability to really enjoy everything life has.

No comments:

Post a Comment