This is going to be one of the rare (so far) lessons that you and your brother will share.
You are getting so big! 5 months old, and already you have 6 teeth. You're rolling all over the floor, babbling, laughing... you're getting so big so fast. It seems faster than it was with your brother. Maybe because I know you're our last child. I took you guys to the planetarium yesterday and you were amazed. I know you didn't understand anything said, but you were mesmerized by the screen. It won't be long and you'll be asking to go. There aren't many things that I think "Man, I can't WAIT until the kids
are older." In fact, I can only think of one. Laundry. I hate doing
laundry, I would rather clean an entire house than fold laundry. I don't
mind washing and drying it, but folding it is torture to me. So, as
soon as you're old enough, I'm going to teach you to do your own
laundry. Which brings me to lesson7.
Laundry.
Here's how you do it. First sort it. Whites, towels/bedding, blue
jeans, clothes you don't want to dry (usually nice work clothes or new
clothes you don't want to shrink,) and colors. Wash anything you don't
want to shrink in cold water. It will also help keep colors from
running. If you are washing a new shirt or something that is a bright
color, like red, for the first time wash it by itself. Fill the washer
with your clothes, you don't want it to be so full it can't spin. Add
soap, use the cup and line to measure. Add fabric softner (in our
machine now, it goes in the center.) If you have clothes you don't want
to shrink, when they are finished washing, hang them up on hangers to
dry. Otherwise, put them in the dryer. The longer they sit in the dryer
after it's finished, the more wrinkled they will get. Whites are washed
in hot water, add a little (1/4 cup) of bleach IF they need it. I find
it helpful to alternate loads by how much folding, that way it doesn't
seem like I'm folding laundry all day. I'll wash whites, which is
typically a LOT of folding, then follow up with towels or jeans since
they don't have a lot of folding. After laundry is folded, PUT IT AWAY.
In your closet or dresser. Not the floor. After you have washed, dried,
folded, and put all your laundry away, run the washer empty on hot. This
will help wash out any gunk from dirt or soap. We'll work on ironing
another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment